Withdrawal From The Contract
1. A consumer who has concluded a distance contract with the Seller, has the right to withdraw from the contract without giving a reason within 14 days from the day of taking possession of the purchased items.
2. The right to withdraw from the contract is not payable in relation to the contract:
1) in which the object of the service is an item subject to rapid deterioration or having a short shelf-life,
2) in which the object of the service is an item delivered in a sealed package, which after opening the packaging can not be returned due to health protection or for hygiene reasons.
3. In order to withdraw from the contract, the Consumer must inform the Seller about his decision to withdraw from the contract by an unequivocal statement – for example, a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail.
4. The consumer may use the model withdrawal form available at to download downster, however it is not obligatory.
5. In order to keep the deadline for withdrawing from the contract, it is enough for the Consumer to send information on the exercise of the right of the Consumer to withdraw from the contract before the deadline for withdrawal from the contract.
6. The consumer is obliged to return the product to the Seller or give it to the person authorized by the Seller to collect it immediately, but no later than 14 days from the date on which he withdrawn from the contract, unless the Seller suggested that he will pick up the item himself. To meet the deadline, it is enough to return the product before its expiry.
7. The consumer bears the direct cost of returning the items.
8. In the event of withdrawal from the contract, the Seller shall return to the Consumer all payments received from the Consumer, including the cheapest available in the Store the cost of delivering products (if the cost covered the Consumer) immediately, and in any case not later than 14 days from the day on which the Seller was informed about the performance the right to withdraw from the contract. Returns will be made using the same payment methods that were used by the Consumer in the original transaction, unless the Consumer has explicitly agreed to another solution. In any case, the Consumer will not incur any fees due to the form of payment reimbursement.
9. If the Seller has not offered to collect the item from the Consumer, he may withhold the refund of payments received from the Consumer until he receives the item back or the Consumer provides proof of its return, depending on which event occurs first.